Posted by Mr. O on September 7, 2016 in Uncategorized
Good morning! School has officially started as you have just either dropped your child off or have watched them get on the bus! We 3 will be welcoming and helping your children all day but we wanted to take a quick moment to welcome you too! We will communicate throughout the year to you via email, but we want to draw your attention to a very important link of ours, The JP Green Team Website
Please bookmark this page as you and your child will be utilizing it frequently!
In the spirit of getting back to work here at school, we are drawing your attention to 3 links we need you to complete. They are found on our homepage but we are making quicklinks here for you:
Mark your calendar for THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 22nd. That is our Open House for parents. We look forward to seeing you that night! Until then, please email us if you have any questions.
Posted by Mr. O on June 1, 2016 in Uncategorized
We thank you so much for helping your child with their pictures. Here is a link to their video projects! As we prepare for the end of the year, please be on the lookout for information regarding the Canterbury Walk! Students will be sharing about their costume and your time to come see them perform! Thank you for your partnership this year!
Posted by Mr. O on May 17, 2016 in Uncategorized
As we shared in our last correspondence, we are about to begin our next project. This one will require your child to bring in to school, ON A FLASH DRIVE, pictures throughout their life.
We have explained this task to all of the students. They are aware that THEY CAN NOT USE THEIR iPHONE. Pictures for this project will only work on the school computer if they are able to come in on a flash drive.
Students know that if there are pictures on “paper” that they want to bring in, they are to TAKE A PICTURE OF THEM ON A DIGITAL CAMERA and then put them on their stick.
Students have 1 week to collect their pictures. We shared that they should target 2-4 per year, roughly, and need to make sure they are in all of the pictures. Again, the specifics of what they need have been shared with them.
We stressed that THEY NEED YOUR HELP with this task. They are to work with you to gather the pictures and get them onto the flash drive. If they need to borrow a flash drive we can provide them with one.
Please let us know if you have any questions. Again, THESE ARE NEEDED BY TUESDAY as we are going to begin shortly after.
Thank you again for your partnership here. We look forward to sharing the finished project with you.
Posted by Mr. O on May 6, 2016 in Uncategorized
It is hard for us all to believe that we are down to the final 6 weeks of school! The year has truly flown by so quickly and these last 6 will do so as well!
We wanted to draw attention to some of the exciting events that have, and will, take place here on The Green Team!
- Your child will be coming home in about 2 weeks (mid-May) talking about their need for digital pictures. They will be in need of about 20-40 digital pictures of their life, from birth until now! More details will follow, through them, but please look for them as they will need these. We will share with them that if they have some on “paper” then they can take a picture with a digital camera -close up- and use those.
- We will be taking field trips to a working dairy farm and library (early June)! Permissions slips will come home in a few weeks.
- We end our year with the Canterbury Walk! In about a month (early June)your child will come home talking about their desire for a “costume”depicting the medieval times. Again, this information will be shared with them, however, if after we explain it to them you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out.
As we wrap up we wanted to be certain to thank all of you for your partnership and support this year. It truly has helped to make our year successful. To all of the mothers on our team, have a great Mothers’ Day!
As always, if you have any questions please reach out.
Posted by Mr. O on December 21, 2015 in Uncategorized
As we enter our last day of the 2015 school year, we wanted to take a moment to wish you all a happy, safe holiday. Over the break, please take a minute to view your child’s Prezi
. This is an interdisciplinary group presentation project for Science and ELA. Have you child share with you how we created these!
Posted by Mr. O on December 1, 2015 in Uncategorized
It is hard to believe that we are already into December! The year is certainly flying by and the next time we write you we will be in 2016!
Our “big” news of the month is that we are really focusing on ways that we can help and give back. We have taken on 2 “challenges”; The Random Acts of Kindness
calendar and our partnership with Hillside Children’s Center. We are hopeful that your child has shared with you our conversations over the past few days because it has been great hearing all of the different ways our team has been giving back!
With our partnership with Hillside Children’s Center, we are conducting a “toy drive”. If you and your child are able to donate any new item from the list, please send it in unwrapped. If you have specific questions please do not hesitate to contact us. However, please connect with your child first. We are really trying to make this project something they can take a hold of and own.
The list we are gathering for is:
- Art & Craft Supplies (sketch books, paint sets,etc.)
- Backpacks/Duffle bags/Overnight bags, and Purses/Wallets
- Barbies and Baby Dolls (all ethnicities)
- Bath and Body Sets/Toiletries
- Board games,Card games,Puzzles – for all ages
- Cologne, Perfume etc.
- Books for all ages
- Cosmetics (Nail polish, Eye shadow, Lip glosses, etc.)
- Fashion Accessories and Jewelry (Male and Female)
- Fishing Poles and Tackle
- Fleece blankets, Pillow pets and Room Décor Items (posters, lava lamps, decorative pillows, alarm clocks)
- Hair Accessories (Clips, Decorative headbands)
- Hair Appliances (blow dryer, straightener, curling iron)
- Hooded / Zip Up Sweatshirts
- Lego Sets
- Socks (all ages and genders) and Undershirts (for boys)
- MP3 players and headphones (under $25) – NON-VIDEO CAPABLE
- Model cars,helicopters, airplanes
- Outerwear (Gloves, Hats, Mittens, Scarves)
- Remote control cars/trucks
- Skateboards or scooters w/ helmets
- Sport Team Memorabilia
- Sporting Equipment (Basketballs, Footballs, Soccer balls, Gloves)
- Toddler toys
- Watches (Digital and Analog)
Also, December 11th is the end of 5 weeks, our halfway point in the 2nd marking period. Please continue to check the Portal and remind your students to stay on top of their assignments, tests, and online calendar. We have seen great growth in these areas and their personal advocacy, however, any continual push you can give would be greatly appreciated. Especially during December, we see the students tend to get a little loose! 🙂
We hope that this holiday month is a special one for you and your family. As 2015 winds down we wanted to thank you for your partnership with us this school year! We are excited about what 2016 will bring!
Posted by Mr. O on October 2, 2015 in Uncategorized
It is hard to believe that we are already into our second month of school! So much has already happened and we are really looking forward to the coming months with your children.
As we move forward in October, there are a few things we will be sharing with the students.
Posted by Mr. O on September 8, 2015 in Uncategorized
Welcome to 6th Grade and THE GREEN TEAM! We all made it through the first week and the 3 of us are looking forward to a great year with your child. We will be communicating with you throughout the year and we wanted to start our year by reminding you of a few important things.
OPEN HOUSE is THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 17th. It begins promptly at 6:30.
Please complete the following links, each will take between 1-5 minutes.
Posted by Mr. O on August 24, 2015 in Uncategorized
Hello and welcome to the Green Team! This is our team website and where you should go for all pertinent information regarding everything GREEN! Your core teachers for the year are Mr. Olinski, Mrs. King, and Mrs. Klein. We hope that you are having a wonderful summer and are confident you will find JP an enjoyable and worthwhile experience.
This year will be structured a bit differently than elementary school. You will have a block of ELA, reading and writing combined, taught to you by your homeroom teacher. Then throughout the course of your day you will rotate to Mr. Olinski for math, Mrs. King for science, and Mrs. Klein for social studies. Read more…
Posted by Mr. O on June 16, 2015 in Uncategorized
Here is a link to the Summer Reading information/presentation that you watched in the gymnasium. Also, if you have any questions please email Mrs. DeBree or Mrs. Roach; firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Do not forget, your packet is due the FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!
—————————————————– Read more…